Is the copper link strong in Parkinson’s disease as well? Initial runs of the algorithm are pulling up potential causal associations to redox-active metals like crazy. Very, very preliminary runs. But watch out for more on the associations between copper and Parkinson’s disease. It may be a general feature of many neurodegenerative diseases.
- Description: “Copper appears to be one of the main environmental factors that trigger the onset and enhance the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by preventing the clearance and accelerating the accumulation of toxic proteins in the brain. That is the conclusion of a study appearing today in the journal Proceed…“
- Source Link: http://www.urmc.rochester.edu/news/story/index.cfm?id=3916
posted on our Facebook fan page: Stop Parkinson’s Disease
Latest posts by Dr. Steve (see all)
- Can Parkinson’s be treated using engineered viruses? - May 18, 2016
- Our Recommendation for Young Onset Parkinson’s Disease, Lite Version - September 23, 2014
- Our Recommendation for Acid Reflux (GERD) - September 16, 2014