Here’s a technology for regenerating neurons using retroviral gene therapy. Why is it important? Because once a treatment is discovered for stopping Parkinson’s progression, the next step is growing back the neurons. This is a very interesting option.
- Description: “Researchers at Penn State have developed an innovative technology to regenerate functional neurons after brain injury, and also in model systems used for research on Alzheimer’s disease. The scientists have used supporting cells of the central nervous system, glial cells, to regenerate healthy, func…“
- Source Link: http://news.psu.edu/story/298921/2013/12/19/research/neuron-regeneration-may-help-sufferers-brain-injury-alzheimers?&co=f000000013912s-1248979085
posted on my Facebook page: Parkinson’s News
Latest posts by Annette (see all)
- Simple hacks for life with Parkinson’s - March 11, 2016
- Low level of an antioxidant in the blood is a cause of Parkinson’s disease - September 30, 2014
- Can the Brain Repair Itself? - April 28, 2014