Researchers in Hong Kong have identified a protein, Axin, that plays a key role in the production of neurons. They feel that by manipulating this pathway they can also help people with Autism and will be able to apply this discovery towards regenerating neurons in people with Parkinson’s disease. Unfortunately the researchers feel that any treatment based on this discovery is 10 years away.
- Description: “Researchers at University of Science and Technology have made a breakthrough in the study of the brain, with potential implications for the treatment of conditions such as autism and Parkinson’s disease….“
- Source Link: http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1311062/hkust-brain-study-offers-hope-treating-autism
posted on my Facebook page: Parkinson’s News
Latest posts by Annette (see all)
- Simple hacks for life with Parkinson’s - March 11, 2016
- Low level of an antioxidant in the blood is a cause of Parkinson’s disease - September 30, 2014
- Can the Brain Repair Itself? - April 28, 2014