Evidence that low levels of blood urate (an antioxidant) are a cause of Parkinson’s disease.
- Description: “Higher serum urate concentrations predict more favorable prognosis in individuals with Parkinson disease (PD). The purpose of this study was to test the causality of this association using a Mendelian randomization approach.“
- Source Link: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=25257975
posted on my Facebook page: Parkinson’s News
Annette is a fundraising consultant whose husband was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s. Annette found a team of scientists working on a technology she thinks can stop Parkinson's. She was then able to raise funding for the project from multiple financial donors. And that's how Stop Parkinson's was born.
Latest posts by Annette (see all)
- Simple hacks for life with Parkinson’s - March 11, 2016
- Low level of an antioxidant in the blood is a cause of Parkinson’s disease - September 30, 2014
- Can the Brain Repair Itself? - April 28, 2014