It is clear that handwriting suffers as Parkinson’s disease progresses. A new product is available that is able to quantify the change in the deficits. Though its use seems to be primarily in assessing the symptoms relief of medications. It is unclear from the literature how good the device is in terms of initial detection, i.e. false positives/negatives, etc.
- Description: “Researchers have built a system that records signals from hand muscles during handwriting.“
- Source Link: http://www.livescience.com/38469-tablet-detects-early-parkinsons-nsf-ria.html
posted on my Facebook page: Parkinson’s News
Latest posts by Annette (see all)
- Simple hacks for life with Parkinson’s - March 11, 2016
- Low level of an antioxidant in the blood is a cause of Parkinson’s disease - September 30, 2014
- Can the Brain Repair Itself? - April 28, 2014