Probably not. But it seems that anxiety does indeed predict Parkinson’s Disease. Will that observation make us even more anxious? As to whether or not the relationship is causal or just an association, researchers say, “A possible explanation for the association between anxiety and PD is that unrecognized symptoms of PD may lead to anxiety.” That makes sense.
- Description: “Studies on anxiety in Parkinson’s disease (PD) have provided conflicting results – some have suggested that the anxiety appears after PD has been diagnosed, while others suggets that it precedes the condition. Nevertheless, regardless of when anxiety…“
- Source Link: http://www.tele-management.ca/2013/08/anxiety-may-increase-the-risk-of-developing-parkinsons-disease/
posted on my Facebook page: Parkinson’s News
Latest posts by Annette (see all)
- Simple hacks for life with Parkinson’s - March 11, 2016
- Low level of an antioxidant in the blood is a cause of Parkinson’s disease - September 30, 2014
- Can the Brain Repair Itself? - April 28, 2014